|home >> computer and telecom >> job board >> post|
Posted by: CCSI, Inc <firstname.lastname@example.org> on March 17, 2013 at 00:04:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Menlo Park
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 94025
319614 Technical Writer
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Length: 5 Months
If interested, please send resumes to email@example.com
We're looking for a talented Technical Writer to create and manage the SDK guide. As a Technical Writer on the Mint team, you will be responsible for working with our engineers to document keys aspects of the developer’s guide. Your goal is to make the SDK guide intuitive and easy to follow, using clear language that conveys the simplicity of the developer’s guide and inspiring confidence with the key client stake holders, including engineers and executives.
• Work with Product Development, Product Management, and XD teams to deliver a software developers guide that is fast and easy for developers to leverage, and easy for end customers to use by identifying, creating, and maintaining high quality developer documentation.
• Ensure that developer-facing services (documentation for APIs, SDKs, widgets, etc.) are meeting developer's needs
• Foster strong sense of team with engineers and designers through solicitation of feedback and constructive contribution to review sessions
• Create copy that works as part of a visual design solution that is engaging and effective to help achieve business goals
• Approach all projects with a focus on communication hierarchy, taking into account visual layout, color, typography, proportion, iconography, photography, motion / rich media, and brand
• Preferred: BA/BS in Computer Science, English, or related area or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in Technical Writing, editing and proofreading web copy, preferably rich web apps/sites
• Excellent verbal and written skills, include strong working knowledge of grammatical principles and application
• Strong and diverse portfolio demonstrating breadth of experience across rich web apps
• Have exceptional information design skills and a proven track record of separating important from the minutia
• Ability to come up with crisp, effective copy for spaces that are often strictly confined
• Track record of working with high velocity engineering organizations and bringing your design leadership and perspective to bear on both strategic and tactical priorities
• Ability to work under time pressure to meet frequent deadlines. Must be a "self-starter" and autonomous driver
• Experience writing about complex engineering topics. Ability to write to technical audiences. Terms like JSON, OAuth, SOAP, and J2EE don’t scare you
• Ability to learn new technology quickly, from core applications being developed to new collaborative tools, new platforms, and new devices
• Willingness and ability to work in an agile fashion is a must. Experience with agile processes like Scrum is a bonus.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.