|home >> general construction >> job board >> post|
Posted by: PCL Industrial Construction Co, <email@example.com> on April 16, 2013 at 06:42:25. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77079
Seeking a Quality Control/Technical Specialist. Must have heavy industrial construction experience.
Apply directly at: www.pclindustrial.com click on "Careers" then click on "Professional Opportunities."
TAKE CHARGE! Stand out with a construction industry leader. PCL is a construction leader in buildings, infrastructure and heavy industrial markets, with a long tradition of excellence that spans over a century. We are a 100% employee-owned group of independent operating companies. With an annual volume approaching $6 billion, we are ranked as the 6th largest contractor by Engineering News Record. We have also been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by numerous publications. Our people have helped us stand out as one of North America’s leading general contracting organizations. We’re always looking for new talent--dynamic individuals who can bring enthusiasm and innovative solutions to every project. We currently have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Technical Specialist with PCL Industrial Construction Co.
This position is based in our Houston, TX. office.
Reviewing scope of work and technical specifications for proposals to ensure all safety, quality, construction, any other technical requirements are addressed. Prepare Project Safety Plans, Quality Plans and Quality System submittals for proposals and interface with department technical personnel as necessary.
- A degree in engineering, welding, metallurgy, or other related technical field is preferred.
- Must have at least 10 to 15 years experience in industrial field construction (power plants, refineries, chemical
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills in computer software (Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc).
- Must have good communication skills, written and verbal, along with good professional interaction skills
to deal with client and subcontractor representatives.
- Must have experience in industrial technical specifications and documents review (power plants, refineries,
chemical plants, etc.).
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes (Section I, II, V, VIII & IX) and
ASME Piping Codes (B31.1 & B31.3).
- Thorough knowledgeable of AWS D1.1 – Structural Welding Code.
- Good knowledge of industrial NDE methods and techniques.
- Good knowledge about earthwork, concrete, grout, structural steel, mechanical, painting.
- Good skills for performing surveys and audits of subcontractors/suppliers.
PCL offers one of the finest benefit programs in the industry including medical, dental, Rx, vision, life, AD&D, disability, 3 weeks of paid vacation, Flex Account, 401(k), stock ownership and much more. Join a dynamic team with a 100 year tradition of excellence and growth.
PCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.