Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
EGS, Inc. has a fantastic opportunity to hire a Mechanical Engineer for our aerospace client located in Mesa AZ. This is a 9 month contract, on site with a 9-80 work schedule. Send your resume to Tom@egs-partners.com in a word document or call Tom at 303-477-6800 to be considered for this position.
If this job doesn't work for you, we do give a referral fee for anyone that you refer to us and we get placed on the job!!
Mechanical Engineer Job Description
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for electromechanical design new and mature medium caliber weapon systems.
1. Applies mechanical design experience to ensure design of gun systems and associated components meet design standards for function, fit and safety.
2. Works with design, project manufacturing and quality engineers though the development process
3. Key contributor on development programs, managing assigned responsibilities and directing the work of other engineers, technicians and administrative personnel to accomplish program goals.
4. Adheres and maintains ATKs engineering process to include concept through production design and design standards
5. Mechanical modeling (CAD - computer aided design), NX preferred.
6. Presentation of assigned work at program technical reviews, proposals, or other technical meetings.
7. Reviews engineering designs and drawings for tolerances, surface finishes, dimensions, material selection, processing, heat treat etc , and initiates Engineering Change Orders as required.
8. Applies engineering knowledge in the investigation and solution of complex technical problems.
9. Preparation and planning of cost estimates and written technical proposals.
10. Act as the technical interface to external customers, and form working relationships with representatives of external technical organizations
11. Develop technical relationships with vendors and suppliers, in coordination with subcontracts management and quality functions, to facilitate technical flow-down and understanding of requirements, testing, and process control
12. Support manufacturing trade studies and early supplier involvement
13. Provides leadership and shares knowledge with other engineers
14. Works with under very little supervision.
BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
2 + of directly related mechanical design experience.
Experience in product development projects and sustainment of legacy programs for complex aerospace or defense systems
Strong mechanical design experience with complex gear trains, cams, springs, clutches, machined components, welded structures, electric motors and solenoids
Familiarity with systems engineering processes and other specialty engineering activities within the product development process
Working knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) software and configuration management tools, preferably NX and Teamcenter, and familiarity with engineering requirements and analysis tools (FEA)
Trained Knowledge of GD&T
Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications.
Understanding of Six Sigma disciplines, design for assembly / design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
Ability and experience with presenting complex technical concepts to audiences with a broad range of technical experience
U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
Position may require domestic and international travel
This position requires an individual who can multi-task, with effective time-management and communication skills. This position requires excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills.
Duration on contract: 12 months
9-80 work schedule, first shift
Location: Mesa AZ
177 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.