Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 01434
The Planner Specialist ensures performance to the master production schedule to achieve division objectives for customer service, inventory levels, and configuration management. Plans, prepares, issues, and controls difficult production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. This is a contract role, replacing a direct staff member, and there is a chance that this role will roll into something permanent – pending approval of management.
- Determines production priorities by studying master production schedule and customer requirements.
- Acts as a primary customer contact for matters regarding production status, schedule changes, shipping information, and returned material. May adjust master schedule in response to customer feedback/requirements and manufacturing capacity.
- Identifies variety of raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications and schedules of diverse or difficult scope and complexity. Ensures accurate item master file and bill of material.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed. Evaluates, recommends, and implements changes to the overall planning process consistent with continuous improvement goals.
- Coordinates cross-functional activities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Contract Administration to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information regarding status and priorities.
- Evaluates materials supply and demands. Prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements. Coordinates material movements between internal work and storage areas and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
- Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders and/or stock transfers to meet customer shipping dates and minimize inventory.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems. May lead or be assigned to a special project team.
- Analyzes inventory usage, scrap, and shrinkage. Recommends and implements any appropriate actions to minimize loss, reduce inventory, and/or increase inventory turnover that would support inventory level objectives.
- Analyzes proposed changes in methods, schedules, and materials. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Resolves problems concerning over shipments, shortages, engineering changes, and cancellation of orders.
- Maintains configuration control on all open orders and appropriate data files as required by division policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical or trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with policies and procedures in Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM).
- May provide leadership to others in department. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing resources planning theories, principles, and industry practices.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing resource planning systems, business application software, and interface operations.
- Assess and implement continuous improvement methods (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT).
- Must have knowledge of legal, regulatory, and internal policy requirements related to production control.
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and recommend changes to procedures.
- Must effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Must have the ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community; have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related field.
- Must at least six (6+) or more years of related experience.
- APICS certificate preferred.
- The following are typical mental and physical demands of this position; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear, The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
159 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.