Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 92618
The Sourcing Commodity Leader manages and is accountable for the project management, contract performance, and internal interface of assigned projects for a leading motion and control technologies company located in Irvine, CA. Manages small development, capital projects, or portions of larger projects. Serves as the focal point to all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies, leading to a rationalized Supply base with improved; total acquisition cost, delivery and quality.
- Responsible for managing the Divisionís Source Controlled Component Spend of $85+ Million Dollars.
- Responsible for establishing Division level Sourcing Strategies, leveraging spend , right sizing the Supply Base ,executing Long Term Agreements aimed at improving cost, delivery, quality, performance and profitability.
- Lead the Divisionís Complex Machining Sourcing efforts in Low Cost Regions.
- Support Aerospace Group led initiatives in leveraged strategies, negotiations, supplier consolidation and cost reductions.
- Must display working knowledge of the complete range of strategic sourcing activities including spend analysis, strategy formulation, contract negotiations, low cost country sourcing, strategic supplier relationship management, supplier quality, and supplier development.
- Must possess Sourcing Commodity Management experience with a proven track record of quality, cost, and delivery improvements within area of responsibility.
- Must display Working knowledge of the Project Management five stage process.
- Proficient with the majority of project management tools, including, but not limited to; scheduling, cost management, change control, time management, scope and resources, work breakdown structures, and risk management.
- Ability to communicate and serve as the customer advocate to fulfill requirements; provides assistance to resolve problems encountered by the project team.
- Effective use of interpersonal and presentation skills and negotiation principles with varied audiences.
- Financial analysis (e.g. cost breakdowns, risk analysis, budget, etc.).
- Cost, contract terms and conditions, and profit decisions.
- Must have eight or more years of progressive experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, operations, or other related field required
- CPSM/CPM certification, APICS certification are not required, but would be a big plus
- Formal project management training (PMI methodology); professional certification (PMP or CAPM).
- Must be familiar with aerospace source controlled components, such as the following:
LVDT: Linear Variable Differential Transformer
RVDT: Rotary Variable Differential Transformer
EHSV: Electrostatic Servo Valve
SOV: Solenoid Operated Valve
Solenoid, Check Valves, Filters, etc.
297 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.