Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Cape Canaveral
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 32920
Plasma Cutter Operators needed for contract position with private aerospace company in Cape Canaveral, FL. Great opportunity with employee perks!
• Shifts will be days or nights and is subject to change
• Work is Monday through Saturday (approximately 50-60 hours per week)
• Pay is $20+ and based upon experience and the results of an interview
• This is a five month contract expected to last through December 2017
Plasma Cutter Operator Job Description:
• Program and operate plasma cutter
• Program and set up using proper gasses and cutting tips
• Generate multiple part nestings and print layouts
• Troubleshoot program, offset and condition settings, and adjust corrections
• Work in accordance to established safety rules and good housekeeping practices
• Work on additional equipment or tasks outside the job description as directed by the floor supervisor for production needs or continuous improvement
• Accurately record time and production numbers daily and report scrap
Requirements for Plasma Cutters:
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience programming and operating a CNC controlled plasma cutting system
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
• Must have experience working with overhead cranes
• Must be proficient using tape measure, calipers, and micrometers
• Must be able to operate basic hand tools and air grinder
• Must be able to drive a forklift and safely handle materials
• Must be willing to work days, nights, weekends, and OT as needed
• Must be willing to travel for extended period of time to alternate launch sites
Preferred Experience for Plasma Cutters:
• Experience using Hypertherm Automation EDGE CNC controller and the full Hypotherm suite (True Hole, True Bevel, Rapid Part, Nesting, and Collision Avoidance)
• Able to navigate documentation from production records and databases
• Able to identify material types and thickness as associated to work orders
• Able to understand part tolerances per blueprint specification
• Experience with .DXF, .DWG and other various print file types
Additional Requirements for Plasma Cutters:
• Must have your own reliable transportation
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Applicants will be subject to pre-employment drug screen
• Applicants will be subject to background check
• Applicants will be subject to Motor Vehicle Report
Please respond with your updated resume today. You can also come in and see us, apply online at www.elwoodjobs.com (apply to Merritt Island, FL Tradesmen branch), or email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to call (321) 453-5872 or text (321) 757-4019 as well.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A conviction record will not necessary prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.
123 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.