Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Sirius Technical Services is seeking an experienced Senior Contract Engineer (Nitrogen Tetroxide SME) for a large client in Athens, GA.
The Engineer will support the design, start-up, and full implementation of a new N2O4 (dinitrogen/nitrogen tetroxide) facility.
The individual will be a core team member of the N2O4 plant project, and will participate in design, construction, implementation, and monitoring project phases. The individual will be an accountable team member for delivering a successful plant start-up. Project deliverables will include product quality, project cost, and project timing.
The individual is to be a significant technical contributor to the project in the areas of process design, the development of product specifications, the development of equipment specifications and process requirements, the execution of engineering studies and investigations, the effective knowledge transfer to other individuals and departments, and the training of Operations Management and Operators in the start-up of the new plant.
The individual is expected to keep abreast of industry trends and developments. The individual will participate as a subject matter expert and core team member in N2O4 and related raw material supplier qualification and sourcing projects. The individual will partner closely with key business partners including PM, Source, R&D, Supplier Quality, Engineering, Operations, and Quality Assurance to deliver on business goals and objectives. The role entails working in a medical device manufacturing environment and strictly adhering to relevant GMPs and Regulatory requirements and guidelines. The individual will act as an advocate and consultant for continuous improvement of technology and processes, minimizing lifecycle cost, and adhering to Company environmental policies and procedures.
• A minimum of 5 years direct experience with the manufacturing of N2O4 is required.
• Knowledge of the safety requirements for producing and handling N2O4 as well as common problems encountered during plant operation.
• Breadth and depth of technical expertise in N2O4 manufacturing and process improvement.
• Demonstrated experience in the design, start-up, and maintenance of chemical operations.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience is required.
• Experience working within cross functional project teams.
• Candidate must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Candidate is expected to be skilled with basic Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook) as well as functional with Chemical Industry specific software such as ASPEN, HYSIS, FATHOM, ARROW, CHEMPAK, etc.
201 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.