Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
The successful Mechanical Test Engineer will assist in planning, developing, conducting, and reporting for hardware testing at Marshall Space Flight Center, in Huntsville, AL. The primary responsibility is physical integrity and leak testing of items which will ultimately be sent into space. This work is being performed to verify all items meet the demanding specifications required for space flight.
You can help ensure the success of our spaceflight missions by:
* Hands on testing of pressure and vacuum systems and components and reporting progress and results.
* Problem solving and troubleshooting using your knowledge of mechanical engineering.
* Developing, writing, and executing unique pressure testing plans to meet project needs.
* Providing engineering/scientific support to augment a team of Government and contractor engineers.
* Working with a team of senior test engineers to further develop your skills.
* Leveraging your unique talents to expand upon the capabilities of this diverse team.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To discover more about:
JSEG, google YesWeAreRocketScientists.com using your favorite search engine!
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
A degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field from an ABET accredited institution is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
* A strong mechanical background with hands on experience.
* Ability to assimilate test requirements to develop test methodology and test approaches for requirement verification, including definition of needed test resources.
* A willingness to perform hands on test set up and testing.
* An understanding of pressure and vacuum systems.
* Ability to plan an coordinate work to ensure schedule requirements are met
* Strong attention to detail when testing and completing required documentation
* A willingness to perform occasional shift and weekend work.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of management including the customer.
* A strong safety mindset and diligence to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
* A proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
201 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.