Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Jacobs is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract and be a part of NASA history!
The successful candidate will support the Lunar Lander projects in the areas of:
* Verification & Validation
* Test Procedure Creation
* Assisting in the organizational (NASA) release process
To discover more about:
* JSEG, google YesWeAreRocketScientists.com using your favorite search engine!
* The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
A successful candidate will:
* Hold a degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university
* Have experience in electronics design and fabrication, including work with controller boards
* Have the ability to support development and testing of electronics and hardware
* Provide critical thinking, effective communications, and problem-solving skills
* Possess excellent oral, written, interpersonal, customer relation, and presentation skills required
* Have a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite competence (Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
217 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.