Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
The MSFC Human Exploration Development and Operations (HEDO) Office manages and performs human-rated space projects and tasks and conducts mission and scientific payload operations. Within the HEDO Office, Cross Program Systems Integration includes supporting the system level design, integration, development, test, qualification, and acceptance of the Space Launch System (SLS), Multi-purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV), and Exploration Ground Systems (EGS), and Deep Space Gateway and Transportation (DSG&T) Programs.
* Provide life cycle phase products identification, strategies, planning, and preparation for the Human Exploration Development & Operations Office (HEDO) and Exploration Systems Development (ESD) technical reviews.
* Provide independent review and analysis of planning, processes, products, methods, organizations, interfaces, and integration and associated improvement/maturation recommendations.
* Provide strategies for system engineering based on Product Breakdown Structure.
* Derive/provide lean and effective strategies, approaches, and processes for management, control, and organization of the HEDO Data Architecture and related data management processes.
* Provide systems engineering support to the NASA Exploration Systems Development/Cross-Program Systems Integration (CSI) Team. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Development of and support to the CSI Project products, tasks, activities, and risk management
- Reviewing and helping to solve testing and developmental issues for the propulsion systems, core stage, upper stage, and other vehicle stages as required
- Review planning and coordination for design, manufacturing, hardware assembly and checkout of test article subsystems
- Providing support and reviewing change packages for design and development
* Participate, as directed, in various Integrated Task Team (ITT) meetings; Program to Program (P2P) meetings; major ESD and program-level milestone reviews, and monthly reviews and / or telecons to collect the required information for supporting these task processes.
* Provide support to CSI system integration and integration activities, including concept of operations development, schedule and project management, program integration, risk management, requirements development, verification and validation planning, and vehicle analysis support.
* Review and analyze requirements, interface control documents, and verification/validation documents for completeness, maturity, and feasibility.
* Develop verification and validation documentation (V&V). Perform integration across multiple disciplines, organizations, and systems. Develop and maintain verification planning. Support the processing and approval of verification closures.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To discover more about:
JSEG, google YesWeAreRocketScientists.com using your favorite search engine!
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
The Individual selected for this position must meet the following minimum criteria:
* A Bachelorís degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Physics or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with at least 14 years of experience; Masters with at least 18 years of experience, or a BS with at least 20 years of experience.
* An individual who is pro-active, a good communicator, is organized, and skilled with Microsoft Project/Office/Access products is required.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
* Significant experience in Systems Engineering and/or and Systems Integration is required.This experience should include:
- Knowledge and experience in working with design reference missions (DRMs), Concept of Operations (ConOps), requirements and advanced concept designs, and support to design/requirements analysis cycles (RACs/DACs) and major program milestone reviews.
- Knowledge and experience in working flight test objectives, defining flight test strategies, verification and validation activities, systems requirements management, and test development and integration.
- Working with the development of launch vehicles and large-scale programs producing cross-program Systems Engineering and integration (SE&I) activities, technical assessments, and products.
* SE&I experience supporting launch vehicle/payload development programs (e.g. Constellation/Ares) is preferred.
* Previous experience working with the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate ESD/CSI is preferred.
Office and laboratory environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (40%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
122 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.