Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
As a Valve Engineer, the successful candidate will provide valuable insight and problem resolution for flight projects.
Activities will include (but not be limited to):
* Reviewing valve designs, test reports, and manufacturing data to ensure compliance to aerospace standards.
* Provide risk assessments for areas of non-compliance and develop and present your position to Engineering Review Boards including recommendations to lower the risk.
* Interact with systems and component engineers including attending meetings, formulating recommendations, and developing integrated work packages.
* Perform on-site visits to review and provide comments on test set-ups such as thermal vacuum testing, and vibration testing.
* Perform failure investigations and provide corrective action recommendations.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To discover more about:
* JSEG, google YesWeAreRocketScientists.com using your favorite search engine!
* The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 2 years of experience; Masters with at least 6 years of experience, or a BS with at least 8 years of experience.
Required experience / skills in one of the following areas:
* Aerospace propulsion systems engineering such as developing specifications for Main Propulsion System or Engine Valves Lines and Ducts.
* Design of aerospace, aircraft, medical, or industrial valves.
* Valve acceptance or qualification testing.
Desired experience / skills:
* Strong knowledge of aerospace standards, acceptance, and qualification testing requirements and practices such as NASA-STD-5017 “DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR MECHANISMS”, and SMC-S-016, “TEST REQUIREMENTS FOR LAUNCH, UPPER-STAGE AND SPACE VEHICLES”.
* Detailed knowledge of valve design with an understanding of valve design attributes such as force margin, and use of redundant seals for controlling leakage of hazardous fluids.
* Propulsion system design, analysis, and verification testing.
* Knowledge of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and risk assessments.
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
79 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.