[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 511091
Posted By: Jacobs Engineering Group
Posted On: 2018-12-20 02:52:21
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: Please Click Here to apply
Subject: JSEG Materials & Processes Engineer (Senior Level) (AER0000WQ)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: New Orleans
Country: United States
Support Marshall Space Flight Center's Non Metallic Materials Branch for the Space Launch System (SLS) Core Stage element by providing oversight and insight in the development and startup of flight hardware production at NASA’s Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) in Louisiana.
* Primary duties will include daily on-site support to the manufacturing operations at MAF providing technical expertise consultation to the application of cryogenic thermal protection system materials to the development and flight hardware articles in production.
* The engineer will be required to transact regular communication with the operations manager(s) at MAF and the materials engineering support at MSFC.
* Provide real time full time support to evaluate and resolve issues with materials and processes such as: as spray-on-foam insulation application, primer application, pour foam processing and hardware cleaning processes at MAF.
* Act as MSFC’s Materials & Processes Laboratory liaison to MAF and maintain frequent and open communication with MSFC and MAF management, materials and process engineers and SLS project engineers.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To discover more about the area: https://www.opportunitylouisiana.com/living-in-louisiana
A degree in chemical engineering, materials engineering, industrial engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 14 years of experience, Masters with at least 18 years of experience, or BS with at least 20 years of experience.
* Experience with the processing of nonmetallic materials is required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
* Experience with application of polyurethane foam insulation is desired
* Experience with application of primer paint is desired
* Experience in space flight hardware production specific to cryogenic fuel tank manufacturing and verification is desired
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
160 page view(s)