[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 518196
Posted By: Aerotek
Posted On: 2019-03-14 03:40:01
Link: Click here to apply
Subject: Flight Software Developer (6735647)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 91106
The successful candidate will be a member of the Flight Software development team for a planetary mission. The candidate will take part in software engineering activities associated with the delivery of embedded flight software (FSW) products for large-scale project. This assignment will include implementation of functional spacecraft capabilities that falls in areas of spacecraft command, communication, data management, fault protection, etc.
The software engineer will work under a lead software engineer to understand the required capabilities of the functional area to determine the software approach for the development. This work includes software level peer reviews, and will also include formal testing of peer-developed capabilities.
Work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with systems engineers, Flight Software peers and Flight Software architects to understand requirements allocated to a specified module and develop a design approach for the module
- Providing requirements feedback and functions specs feedback to systems engineers
- Developing and reviewing implementation approaches
- Developing the associated code following strict project coding guidelines and process requirements
- Developing, executing and analyzing unit tests verifying satisfaction of module requirements, proper implementation of interfaces and code coverage
- Performing Software-in-the-loop(SWIL) and Hardware-in-the-loop(HWIL) integration and testing
Education and Years of Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (CS) or computer related engineering field with a minimum 6 years of recent related experience
- Six years of software engineering with 4 years of recent real-time embedded flight software experience
- Recent background in flight software development with specific recent experience in the following languages and operating systems: C/C++ (proficient), Linux, WindRiver VxWorks and/or GreenHills Integrity RTOS
- Recent experience with inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms
- Advanced knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in developing, modifying, debugging, releasing and maintaining real-time and embedded software systems for mission-critical aerospace applications
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Experience debugging software/hardware interactions and possible failure modes
- Space flight experience is strongly preferred
- Recent experience with device driver development and software/hardware interfaces for both custom and commercial hardware
- Familiarity with Python
The work is required to be performed in Pasadena, CA
Job Type: Contract
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
39 page view(s)