[Sheet Metal Mechanic] JOB: Sheet Metal Technicians - Atlanta, GA
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Sheet Metal Technician
Atlanta, GA 30354
We are currently seeking experienced Sheet Metal Mechanics for a large airline in Atlanta, GA. This is a contract (possible contract-to-hire) position that includes benefit options.
• High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset.
• Proven experience as Sheet Metal Technician with formal training setting up, running and/or programming manual, semi-automated and CNC automated forming machines to include Press Brake, Cutoff Shear, Roller/Benders, and Sheet Metal Hand tools.
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment and portable coordinate measuring equipment.
• Knowledge of the properties of metal and other materials.
• Must be proficient in reading and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, engineering orders, Test plans, technical manuals and work instructions
• High level of manual dexterity and detail orientation
• Knowledge of mathematics (to include but not limited to Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry), CAD/CAM software and mechanical applications
• Possess a high level of respect for safety precautions. With an ultimate goal of ensuring effective production operations and optimizing procedures.
• Able to manufacture aircraft interior parts and assemblies in accordance with released data.
• Must be able to read and comprehend company, Boeing and Airbus process and material specifications.
• Good oral and written communication skills; able to read, comprehend and create written and verbal instructions in the English language
• Effectively work with co-workers, engineering and management in problem solving and exploring and implementing best practices in our operations
• Be prepared to cross train and be utilized in other aspects in the production process.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in job turnovers. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (offsite /off-shift training) and continuous self-improvement through trade publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests (cross training), exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Comply with lean manufacturing principals and work with leads and supervisors to explore and implement best practices in the manufacturing process
• Under the direction of production management, the skilled Sheet Metal Technician will perform a variety of assigned tasks involved in the production or repair of precision Aircraft parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurement tools.
• Utilizing work orders, engineering drawings, and work instructions plans appropriate manufacturing operation for the production and repair of precision Aircraft parts according to all company process specifications and standards.
• Programs and sets-up relevant machine tools and fixtures, including Press Brakes, Cutoff Shears, and Roller/Benders
• Calculates requirements using basic math, geometry, and trigonometry proving part programs and flat patterns.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces and adhering to company process specifications and standards.
• Maintains part specifications by observing manufacturing operations. Monitors the feed and speed of machines during the manufacturing process. Takes measurements, detects setup errors and malfunctions.
• Utilizes troubleshooting processes, adjusts and reprograms controls and settings.
• Sharpens and replaces worn tools.
• Maintains equipment by completing instructed preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's and company instructions. Troubleshooting malfunctions and reporting to management for equipment repairs.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to company safety procedures and regulations. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.