Senior Electrical Harness Technician
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Electrical Harness Assembly Technician to build specialized harnesses for spaceflight hardware testing on the Electrical Systems Engineering Support III (ESES III) contract supporting the Detector Systems Branch at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). The Technician will provide harness assembly, testing support, bonding, and GSE assembly support.
The ESES III contract includes the provision of electrical/electronic engineering support services and related work to the Engineering and Technology Directorate. The work includes the study, design, development, fabrication, integration, testing, verification and operations of spaceflight, airborne and ground system hardware and software, including development and validation of new technologies to enable future space and science missions.
Specific duties for this position may include the following:
• Building specialized harnesses and cables that use high density connectors
• Soldering surface mount components
• Ability to work with fine gauge, phosphor bronze wires to build internal dewar harnesses
• Operating electronic test equipment and hand tools, following blueprints, wiring, diagrams, and manufacturing standards
• Working in a clean room environment and following good practices to maintain the clean room environment.
• Supporting spaceflight hardware integration and test efforts in an ESD and clean room environment
• Maintaining a high attention to detail, including the ability to precisely follow detailed assembly instructions from documentation.
• Demonstrating excellent communication skills, including providing clear verbal and written communication and documentation of fabrication process results and status reports to project team members, during informal and formal group meetings and via email.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA)
• HS Diploma and 9 years of experience in cable assembly, soldering, aerospace flight and ground support equipment, and fabrication or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Able to work in a team environment
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• IPC J-STD-001 and/or NASA 8739.4 Crimp, Cable, Harnessing certification
• Experience with electronic drawing configuration management tools
• Prior NASA or industry experience
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.