[Structural Engineer] Calling All DoD & NASA Structural Engineers!
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Structural Engineer – Facilities & Equipment Design
Our client is seeking an experienced Structural Facility Engineer to provide project work for the Department of Defense and NASA governmental facilities for their expanding office in Merritt Island, FL.
This position will be responsible for supporting all structural design requirements for the Merritt Island office including the following duties:
• Working with other disciplines to improve the accuracy of the package, to meet
schedule, and to meet budget commitments.
• Providing Facility structural design for NASA, DoD, and other governmental
• Working in a design team environment, which includes directing the work of
junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
• Meeting with clients.
• Preparing fee proposals for design work.
• Generating detailed engineering products such as technical reports and
presentations, calculations, specifications, and drawings.
• Performing structural inspections and assessments of existing structures and
• Must have minimum ten (10) years of commercial or governmental facility design
• The ideal candidate will have experience in designing NASA/aerospace projects.
• Experience managing other structural engineers and designers.
• Experience interfacing with client contacts.
• Experience in designing DoD projects is preferred.
• Experience in working with US Army Corps of Engineers is preferred.
• Experience in working with Unified Facilities Criteria is preferred.
• 3D solid element stress analysis is a plus.
• Experience with structural analysis software packages (e.g. RISA 3D, SAP2000,
STAAD Pro) is required.
• Experience with conventional structural design codes such as:
o ASCE 7
o AISC Steel Construction Manual
• Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
• Bachelor of Sciences in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program.
• Holds an active P.E. license or possess the ability to obtain a Florida PE
(Structural) within 4 months.