[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking a FPGA design engineer to support the CNS (Communications, Navigation, and Surveillance) Department SATCOM Connectivity group, which supports, integrates and develops multiple commercial avionics products for the Air Transport and Business and Regional aircraft markets. The SATCOM products include new and next generation Ku-Band systems for cabin services.
- Solid communications skills
- Ability to work within a multifunctional, multidiscipline team
- Demonstrate flexibility and an ability to coordinate with multiple suppliers and customers to achieve a common goal.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Must have experience with FPGA design and verification
- Experience with any of the following is a plus but not specifically required:
- FPGA development for Xilinx devices and Vivado tool suite.
- FPGA lab validation with lab equipment (e.g. Osciliscopes, Logic Analyzers)
- Highly proactive and has an inherent sense of urgency on all tasks presented
- Diligent, detail and goal oriented, highly analytical and innovative
- Responsible and accountable team player and individual contributor
- Working knowledge of Windows based application software such as Word, Excel, Power-point, Project, Visio, Spice, Mathcad, Matlab, and other Windows based software are desirable.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for defining FPGA digital architecture and design specifications.
• Responsible for the RTL design including coding, simulation, implementation, and testing of hardware products; design/test documentation (specifications, design documents, test plan/procedures, etc.).
• Work in cross-domain teams (with circuit card designers and software developers) to meet System level specifications.
• Integrate FPGA designs in a collaborative lab environment.
• Familiarity with chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog)
• Proficiency using FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Questa/Modelsim, Synopsys, FPGA-specific tools).
• FPGA lab validation with lab equipment (e.g. Osciliscopes, Logic Analyzers)
Experience with any of the following is a plus but not specifically required:
• Working knowledge of digital and electrical circuit theory preferred.
• Experience with RTCA DO-254 standards for Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware.
• Highly proactive and has an inherent sense of urgency on all tasks presented
• Diligent, detail and goal oriented, highly analytical and innovative
• Responsible and accountable team player and individual contributor
Minimum of 4 years working with FPGA design and development.