[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS is seeking anMaterial Control Specialist II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
- Under direct supervision, performs a variety of activities within the Material Logistics process: DC/Warehouse distribution and shop floor control.
- Performs related CAS/SAP transactions within material operations.
- Release, interpret, process and track status of route cards to ensure accurate movement of materials.
- Ensure proper handling and storage of material throughout the entire material flow process.
- Unload delivery vehicles, sort material by destination and ensure material is moved by scanning material to proper locations. Check incoming internal/external material for mishandling and damages.
- Move material from one staging/stocking location to another, using appropriate inventory transactions.
- Responsible for the processing of material using automated systems; ensure the timely delivery of material.
- Have the ability to process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate systems and expedite to using department.
- Process parts through receipts of purchase or Manufacturing orders through the appropriate receipt process.
- Must hold appropriate stamp qualifications to process material and generate parts identification tags. Comply with FAA regulations and Quality procedures.
- Operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as required. to move material.
- Unload, load, and move engines as required: uncrate and move thrust reverses and nose cowls.
- Responsible for part accuracy in assigned areas of material functions.
- Responsible for packaging shipments of aircraft, non-aircraft material, literature and other GAC items being shipped to customer or suppliers to meet GAC needs.
- May be required. to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required. by production schedule.
- Ensure housekeeping in work area. Comply with all company safety regulations.
- Learn and apply Lean concepts within functional responsibilities. Support a continuous improvement culture including lean principles, sustainability initiatives, ergonomic improvements, safety, and cross functional teams.
- Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involving limited responsibility.
- Responsible for accuracy in assigned areas.
- Capable of working in an automated inventory system.
- Meet productivity requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years material experience expediting and/or warehouse operations.
- Able to pass math and reading assessment.
- Must be able to obtain Q or PQ/RI stamp.
- Demonstrate experience in materials coordination.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation.
- Proficient with RF scanners, possess good computer skills (excel, word, and basic knowledge), and is a team player.
- SAP and inventory control experience preferred.
- Must be able to support multiple shifts (Weekends) as needed to support warehouse operations
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Previous route/delivery transportation experience is a plus.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.