PDS is seeking aCompletions Interior Electrical systems liaison Engineer 3 for open positions in Dallas, TX
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Unique Skills:INTERIORS ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS LIAISON ENG
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 years in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Aircraft products and services. Coordinates with responsible engineering groups for aircraft build and Project Engineering focal points. Support of drawing/model build lists and how they apply to each aircraft in flow. Supporting multiple aircraft per year. Understanding of drawings and model architecture so any changes as required can be entered into a database system so design engineering and program can address as required. Have a clear understanding of the items submitted for correction and process of getting them back to support operations.Essential Functions
:1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.Additional Functions:
1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.Ability to effectively work with and support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics, technicians, managers, customers etc. Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.Fundamental understanding of aircraft avionics systems engineering principles and experience developing and applying minor and major modifications and installations to aircraft systems. The ability to use computer aided design tools such as Smart Team, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar in the design and modification of aircraft systems. Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills and the ability to effectively communicate the organization's position with external and internal customers. Ability to fully understand and generate electrical wire diagrams, test procedures and test reports. CHS/EWIS experience is a plusOther Requirements:
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.