[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial Inc is seeking Stress Analysis Engineers to work in Fort Worth, TX.
- Satisfy static strength, stiffness, stability margin, fatigue life, damage tolerance, durability, thermal performance, load distribution, failure modes and effects, and other requirements.
- Create detailed Finite Element Models (FEM) of components and assemblies using appropriate modeling practices.
- Resolve various complex structures and loading environments by applying free body diagrams, various classical analysis techniques, and other idealized models.
- Support manufacturing and testing of components and sub-systems, interpreting technical data, and assisting in product improvements.
- Review detail, assembly, and installation design definition to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Participate in a cross functional team environment completing a variety of objectives depending on the program lifecycle assigned.
- Must be able to execute tasks to program schedule and cost requirements.
- Advance the state-of-the-art through creative thought, personal and team research, technical compliance, and strong analysis skills.
- Travel to various suppliers may be expected depending on the assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a variety of activities and tasks while dealing with change.
- Experience working with Colliers HyperX/Hypersizer stress analysis tool is preferred
- Experience working with SLIM/Vision is preferred
- Experience with Hyperworks/Hypermesh is preferred
- Experience with CATIA V5/V6/3DX is preferred.
- Working knowledge of GD&T requirements preferred.
- Proficiency with analytical tools or codes such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Python, Excel Visual Basic, etc. to execute custom in-house macros or results processing techniques preferred.
- Experience working with product lifecycle management (PLM) software such as ENOVIA to drive product lifecycle.
- Previous experience working on cross functional engineering programs.
- Multiple levels of experience will be considered with at least 2 years of airframe stress analysis.
- Must have experience with NASTRAN (and visible on the resume)
- Detailed finite element analysis (FEA) experience focused on metallic, laminated composite, castings, forgings, additive, elastomeric, or other precision components.
- Experience using computer aided design or drafting (CAD) tools, interrogating models for design best practices, and general readiness, pre and post analysis iteration.
- Proficiency with engineering design definition including 2D/3D modeling, requirement capture, and specification development.
- Product development experience with components or systems consisting of but not limited to structural castings, precision forgings, laminated sheet, tube, or thick composites.
- Proficiency with basic office computer software, specifically the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and ability to articulate technical data and concepts to a wide audience of individuals of different technical backgrounds.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required. Major in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is preferred.
- Masters Degree in Engineering as described above is preferred.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.