Cost Accoutant (25326)
Posted by: BHI Energy <Susanne.Swensen@bhienergy.com> on November 14, 2017 at 09:17:02. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 30042
Project Accountant / Analyst Job Description
BHI Energy (BHI) has been providing industry-leading specialty services and staffing solutions to the power generation, energy and government markets for more than 35 years. Since 1979, We provide quality and cost effective solutions to our customers by leveraging our top leadership along with our highly skilled workforce. BHI Energy's workforce includes more than 8,500 experienced project management and technical, professional and craft labor operating at over 130 global project locations.
This is the lead financial role in the Company's Atlanta (Lawrenceville) base BHI Specialty Services business. The primary function is to support the President of the Specialty Services business and to support the Project Managers in all financial aspects of projects running through the business. This will include ensuring job set up is correct, through close-out to include monthly analysis and support of the closing process. The position will have one billing resource reporting in to it.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Mail final invoices file consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provide the accounts payables team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the Biller maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the management.
- Monthly analyze the P & L accounts monthly
- Assist with preparation of balance sheet account reconcilements
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analyses PMs and others.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the management.
- Communicate and coordinate with the corporate offices.
- Bachelor's Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- More than 3 years of project accounting, controllership, financial analysis or the like.
429 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.