Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: San Antonio
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 78236
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 7209392253
Mid-Level Java Developer Job Description
Position located at Air Force Security Forces Center, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX
Performs duties under the title of Java Developer as a team member of the Security Forces Management Information Systems web application for the Air Force Security Forces Center (AFSFC).
• US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED. A Work Visa will not be accepted due to DoD security requirements.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Must be able to be CSSLP certified within 6 months of employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET clearance.
• 3+ years Java & JEE experience.
• Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
• Experience with Spring MVC development.
• Experience with Java Script form validation.
• Understands Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory management, Transaction management, threading etc.).
• Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development.
• Experience with JEE application and web server platforms such as Oracle WebLogic and HTTP servers.
• Understanding of basic database concepts and structures.
• Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and stored procedures.
• Knowledge of software security fundamentals.
• Experience with secure coding (e.g. SQL injection prevention, code signing, hashing).
• Understanding of established software development life cycles.
• Comfortable working with agile methodology.
• A team player who is effective working independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to learn and use new technologies.
• Experience in trouble shooting system issues.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
• Designs, develops and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements and projects.
• Writes well-designed, testable, efficient code.
• Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing and maintaining Java-based components and interfaces.
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
• Design and conduct tests.
• Contribute to team meetings.
• Develop new applications that serve existing software systems.
• Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
• Design and develop features and functionality.
Benefits to include:
80 hours paid vacation per year
10 paid federal holidays
17 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.