Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Temp to Direct
As a Cloud Engineer within Entergy’s Cloud Application Services group, you’ll provide IT guidance and services to internal clients, as well as execute the delivery and ongoing support of cloud-based products and services, applications and overall solutions. This role provides the opportunity to engage in the full application lifecycle: from interacting with business customers to understand and design optimal solutions to performing “hands-on” development, configuration, deployment and support of the applications. In addition, you’ll be working with industry-leading cloud technologies, such as Salesforce.com, to support some of Entergy’s most critical business processes, such as customer engagement, customer service, and relationship management.
• Provide operational support, ensuring production systems are online and achieving highest levels of availability.
• Provide routine and emergency support for production applications, including restoration of production environment following outages.
• Learn and understand client business needs and objectives; recommend and design applications and make enhancements that meet customer business needs. Generate requirements that are based on functional upgrades, third-party apps, and innovations. Support the design, development and testing of applications.
• Capture customer epics and user stories as part of AGILE project development.
• Ensure that project functional design maximizes out-of-the-box capabilities of cloud platforms.
• Develop application features with configuration and custom code development, when applicable.
• Communicate and resolve application interface issues. Coordinate any changes, upgrades and testing with support providers for legacy systems.
• Embrace a continuous delivery environment by supporting processes, standards and DevOps tools for version control, release management, automated testing and deployment.
• Provide support for the development of IT strategies, roadmaps, and business cases inclusive of financials, contracts, or projects.
• Provide senior technical guidance to the support team by serving as escalation point for complex support issues and performing peer reviews for application changes.
• Serve as lead and participate in team’s 24 hour on-call rotation.
Minimum education required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum Experience Required:
• At least 6+ years' solution design experience.
• Provide operational support, ensuring production systems are online and available; this includes non-business hours on-call support.
• Support the design, development, and testing of cloud applications and enhancements.
• Understand client business needs & objectives.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
• Customer-focused approach to accomplishing tasks efficiently
• Highly motivated and ability to work with moderate direct supervision
• Effective Teamwork and Inclusion (e.g. works collaboratively, builds collaborative relationships)
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Experience in administering cloud-based solutions, such as Salesforce.com, is desired.
• Experience developing applications in a language such as Salesforce APEX, Java, C#, C++, or VB.NET is desired.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
• Salesforce Certified Administrator
• Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
• Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
• Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.