Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 30004
Johnson Service Group has an excellent direct hire opening for a GIS Solutions Architect in the North Metro Atlanta area. This is an advanced opportunity which offers competitive salary, company benefits, and advancement. Relocation assistance provided.
In this position, the individual will work closely with Asset Management’s setup department, project managers, developers, and clients to implement proven data collection mechanisms using IT/GIS strategies and software.
This individual will be responsible for designing enterprise GIS databases, workflows, and data delivery strategies that can integrate with, but are not limited to the following industry standard utility data models (ArcFM, Futura, Milsoft, etc.)
Additionally, the individual will provide hands-on leadership, direction, and training during the handoff process to the core GIS team that will perform the ongoing data deliveries.
• Define and develop GIS data models to support gas, electric, and telecom utility data collection projects.
• Develop innovative and efficient workflows and database structures for collection projects.
• Enforce the integrity and accuracy of the data through design and workflow.
• Effectively communicate project setup progression to team members, management, and clients.
• Train staff on designed workflows and delivery processes.
• Knowledge of the ESRI product line (ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcMap, Arc Catalog, Collector, ArcGIS online, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS for Server, etc. Version 9.3 – 10.x)
• Strong conceptual working knowledge of ESRI Geometric Networks, versioning, and ESRI Enterprise Geodatabase replication workflows.
• Conceptual understanding of relational DBMS and how it correlates to an ESRI Enterprise Geodatabase environment (historically SDE).
• Strong working knowledge of utility data models and software (ArcFM, Futura, Milsoft, etc.)
• Ability to work with abstract datasets.
• Experience with complex spatial/data analysis, and data manipulation.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of programming languages (Python, SQL, R, “Model Builder”).
• Data Reviewer.
• Knowledge of Electric Distribution
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in GIS, geography, planning, civil or electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field.
110 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.