Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 97212
Harder Mechanical, founded in 1934, is one of the oldest continuously operating mechanical construction companies in the United States. We are recognized as a leader in high-tech, industrial and commercial construction, successfully managing projects throughout the United States. We have been consistently ranked among the top 50 subcontractors by Engineering News Record.
The Help Desk Technician must provide users guidance and first level support by assisting in problem resolution. The technician acts as the key contact for on-site and remote users for all technical problems and inquiries.
The Help Desk Technician is tasked with complying with all of the policies and procedures associated with IT Service Management (ITSM).
Problems and Challenges:
The help desk at Harder Mechanical is critical to the ongoing success of our business. Departments rely on the help desk function to help solve problems which are interfering with the timely completion of their work. The Help Desk Technician is challenged to ensure that help is given to these departments as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Respond to users requests for information and assist in problem resolution and/or escalation.
• Deploy new/used desktops, laptops and tablets following internal deployment guides.
• Deploy and manage mobile phones including standard phones, Android phones and iOS phones.
• Pack and ship IT equipment.
• Assist with management of IT inventory.
• Assist with deploying copiers, printers and assist with setup of scan to email/folder on network copiers.
• Uses internal ticket management solution to document and record all support inquires.
• Assist with application or system rollouts as directed by senior project leads.
• Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
• Strives to learn the job functions of the position's immediate superior as well as peer-level positions with whom the individual interacts. It is the responsibility of the individual to be prepared for temporary re-assignment and/or promotion due to extended illness, personal emergency or business necessity.
• High school diploma required
• BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration or related work experience recommended
• 1 - 2 years' experience in a customer service related field
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Office 365), Windows 10 Enterprise
• Strong knowledge of Android and iOS mobile operating systems
• Ability to work varying shifts
• Ability to travel
• Ability to lift heavy packages
Respond directly to this job listing to submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. For more information about Harder Mechanical, please visit our website www.harder.com
Harder Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to a safe and drug-free workplace.
17 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.