Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
*** FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION AND TO BE PLACED WITH OUR RECRUITING STAFF PLEASE APPLY AT THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST***
The IT Specialist job family is responsible for supporting and maintaining the systems and services of the enterprise. Supports the efforts of information systems within a discipline, including application support, database administration, software quality assurance/quality control or software engineering. Occasionally performs moderately complex assignments that require initiative and independent judgment in the selection and use of established principles and procedures. Performs a range of work activities in a wide variety of contexts. Plans, schedules and monitors own work within a limited time horizon.
•Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements as they pertain to changes in business requirements, processes and information systems
•Influences the architecture, design and implementation of IT to ensure the availability, confidentiality and integrity of data
•Conducts technical implementation, configuration, monitoring, audit, administration and support
•Analyzes end user work processes and requirements to determine requirements
•Participates in client/user meetings and assists in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing
•Performs specific tasks while utilizing prescribed information systems methods
•Assists with executing and customizing project technical automation plan and testing the data integration of new releases
•Coordinates, supports and evaluates the implementation of new automation modules and tools
•Assists with database software and tools installations, upgrades, migrations and monitoring
•Assists with management of database space management, application, refreshes, backup and recovery
•Codes and debugs software applications in accordance with the Software Development Methodology Framework, Enterprise and Application Architecture, and the Software Development Standards
•Analyzes, maintains and implements (including performance maintenance and timing) existing software applications and develops programming specifications from business requirements
•Creates design specification, test plans and automated test scripts for individual work scope
•Assists in developing test procedures and plans for project developed software applications and creates and records test scripts for use with automated software testing tools
• Performs manual and automated testing of software functionality and performance, maintains testing defect tracking work process and implements source code controls
• Assists in the performance of audits to assure compliance to software quality assurance/quality control procedures and documentation requirements; helps provide an understanding of the Software Development Methodology Framework
• Comprehensive knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and processes including Software Development Methodology Framework , source code control, application development tools and techniques , database design, development and management, programming languages, and component integration
• Comprehensive knowledge of applications requirements, analysis, and programming including architectural requirements for business domain applications, operating systems applications, database hardware and network requirements, and functional analysis including data and process modeling
• Comprehensive knowledge of hardware and operating systems including hardware and operating systems, system architectures, network infrastructure s, and client server principles
• Comprehensive knowledge of web-based technologies including web page development and maintenance and web-based tools and utilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of hardware and software integration and testing
• Basic knowledge of process design and techniques
• Ability to articulate ideas and write clear and concise reports
• Assists with executing the project technical automation plan and evaluates and coordinates the implementation of new automation modules and tools
• Customizes applications as required by customer.
• Installs, configures and upgrades database/application software and tools in support of operational systems and the development environment.
• Installs, upgrades and migrates databases and performs database/application refreshes, maintains database security
• Executes database performance tuning of development, test and production environments; performs backup and recovery.
• Analyzes, maintains and implements (including performance maintenance and timing) existing software applications in accordance with the Software Development Methodology Framework (SDMF).enterprise and application architecture, and the Software Development Standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or other relevant discipline and 10+ years of experience in IT
•Associate 's degree or technical diploma/degree in Information Technology and 14+ years of relevant experience in IT
•18+ years of Enterprise level IT experience in an administration, support and/or oversight capacity.
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.