Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
EGS Inc. is seeking a Cyber Security Specialist II for our Client in Aiken, SC! This is a 1 year contract with one year option to renew and we can offer a generous benefits package OR you can choose to go into a straight contractor rate in lieu of benefits!
Because it’s a federal government site U.S. Citizens only and we are unable to sponsor Visa’s at this time.
If this job doesn't work for you, we do give a $500.00 referral fee for anyone that you refer and we get placed on the job!!
Send your resume to Britni@egs-partners.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Hurry as you won't want to miss out on this great opportunity!
Cyber Security Specialist II
The Cyber Security Specialist II performs computer network penetration testing and forensic analysis to support the Enterprise Information Services for the Department of Energy (DOE) Savannah River Operations Office (DOE-SR) at the Savannah River Site (SRS) in Aiken SC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities consist of but are not limited to the following:
• Performing penetration testing, according to established rules of engagement, for purposes including discovery of system or application vulnerabilities, research, and exploitation. Reporting and validating results.
• Performing wireless detection to identify unauthorized wi-fi access points or bluetooth devices.
• Assisting with forensic analysis of computer systems, components, peripherals, mobile devices, and media in support of incident response and investigations.
• Performing incident response activities in accordance with the site Incident Response Plan.
• Supporting security activities within the systems development lifecycle in accordance with the DOE Cyber Security Program and Risk Management Framework.
• Supporting the DOE oversight function of site tenant systems and cyber security activities.
• Remaining current on cyber security information and events.
• Attending meetings, training events, and conferences.
• Performing other duties as assigned by IT Project Manager or DOE Technical Monitor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the following minimum qualifications:
• An active Secret (DOD) or L-level (DOE) security clearance is preferred. A Top Secret (DOD) or Q-level (DOE) security clearance is highly desired.
• A minimum of five years’ relevant work experience in IT security with emphasis on penetration testing.
• Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) as a Penetration Tester (GPEN).
• U.S. citizenship. Proof of citizenship must be provided at time of hire.
Other relevant qualifications are discussed in the sections below. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related discipline and experience in information technology systems or a related field is highly preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
• Familiarity with applicable regulations affecting Cyber Security and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800 Series Standards is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• The following certifications are highly desired:
o GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE) (must be completed within six months of hire if not already certified).
o GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
o Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Current driver’s license required.
• Must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities discussed above thoroughly and independently.
• Must be able to review security related policy, procedures, and other program documentation and determine compliance with regulations.
• Must be able to develop security related documents that comply with regulations.
• Must demonstrate ethics, responsibility, confidentiality, professionalism, punctuality, consistent dependability, and organizational skills.
• Must possess collaboration skills and be able to meet deadlines. Must be able to manage time efficiently.
• Must be able to work professionally with individuals and diverse groups.
• Must possess an excellent command of the English language in verbal and written forms.
• Must possess good communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
• Must be able to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
• Must be able to accurately prepare written reports and correspondence that are coherent, grammatically correct, effective, and professional.
Must be able to successfully perform advanced mathematical functions as required.
• Must demonstrate and apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram/schematic form.
• Must be able to propose solutions to problems and consider timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing customer needs.
• Must be able to generate innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential.
• To perform this job successfully, the individual should have demonstrable fluency with computers, software and general office equipment.
• Must have the ability to develop software.
• Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in the standard office environment with a low noise level.
EGS, Inc. is a government contractor that complies with Executive Orders 11246, 13672, 13665, as well as Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended VEVRAA. As such, the term “contractor” will apply to EGS, Inc. as stated below in this policy.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with our organization’s legal duty to furnish information
171 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.