Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: New Orleans
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 70013
Title: IT Consultant (Data Network Engineer)
Duration: Contract Opportunity – 12 months
Location: New Orleans, LA (Looking for Local Area Candidates)
Ensure the stability and integrity of network and messaging services and implement enhancements (e.g. in-house voice, data, video and wireless network services). This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and network management tools across the organization. Responsible for analysis of network characteristics to recommend procurement, removal and modifications to network components.
• Perform day-to-day monitoring of network performance in an AMI operational environment.
• Respond as the Data Network Engineering representative in an ‘on-call’ 24x7 rotation to resolve emergent issues in the Enterprise environment.
• Perform detailed network package capture and analysis to resolve extremely complex technical issues.
• Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and continuously Evaluate software defined Networking solutions, in particular using Cisco ACI and conventional firewalls in a hybrid environment.
• Design, implement and provide ongoing support for cellular, wireless and wired technology based solutions in electrical substation, power plant, office and data center environments.
• Design, implement and provide ongoing support for F5 load balancers and associated product lines
• Design, implement and provide ongoing support for Cisco UCS environments.
• Perform analysis at physical, data, control, and higher order protocol layers and develops/prototypes network/communications systems. Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records using Word, Excel, Visio, Service-Now, and other tools.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed using SolarWinds, Wireshark, Nessus and other tools
• Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, terminal servers, Remote Terminal Units, and other hardware.
• Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Interact and coordinate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
• Participate in managing all network connectivity and security solutions.
• Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Ensure network connectivity of all necessary devices.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience required for this position:
• IT Consultant with 4-6 years of experience. 3+ years' solution design experience.
• IT Consultant Sr - 6+ years of experience. 3+ years' solution design experience
Demonstrated experience in Cisco networking, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, network management tools, use of packet capture and other troubleshooting tools. –
Understanding of CISCO routers and switches as well as firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention devices. - Demonstrated understanding of RIPv1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, Access-Lists, route re-distribution, IP Multicast, VLANs, and spanning tree. –
Previous networking experience maintaining NERC CIP environments, use of Cisco Prime, demonstrated experience with Software Defined Networking / Application Centric Infrastructure, Aruba wireless environments, VMWare, a plus.
Experience with Itron (formerly Silver Spring) mesh network and head-end systems preferred. - Knowledge of utility and metering concepts; knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS) such as ArcGIS preferred - Knowledge of radio-frequency (RF) and network mesh related concepts
Ability to use EDX SignalPro preferred - Knowledge of database-related concepts - Ability to develop analysis and operational reporting using tools like Power BI - Utilization of analytics and data computation tools in order to optimize high volume service and event management—i.e. Spotfire, Power BI, Cognos, Excel, Informatica, etc. preferred Any certificates, licenses, required of this position: The position requires certifications in Cisco networking or equivalent demonstrated experience.
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.
279 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.