Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: New Orleans
Country: United States
LOOKING FOR A LOCAL CANDIDATE
The Lead Network Operations Engineer will be a leading resource supporting the AMI Operations Center (also known as “AMOC”) responsible for day-to-day monitoring of network performance in an AMI operational environment. Prior to and during the deployment phase, this individual is primarily responsible for maintaining network health and integrity as well as the oversight of the network optimization process. During steady-state, this individual will be responsible for maintaining general network health, as well as identifying opportunities for enhancing network efficiency.
Monitor network performance through agreed upon service-level agreements (SLAs)
* Assist in the design of Optimization Areas, approve acceptance of Optimization Areas
* Liaise with vendors to enforce agreed upon service-level agreements; act as the primary supervisory point of contact with network vendor during issue resolution process
* Troubleshoot hardware issues related to the components of network devices
* Ensure that firmware and programming requirements of network devices are up to date and meeting business requirements
* Organize site surveys for placement of new access points, relays, or other network enhancement devices
* Conduct field visits where necessary to troubleshoot devices or investigate communication issues identified by other areas of AMOC
* Understand principles of network design, particularly as it pertains to network vendor tools and processes, and radio-frequency mesh technology specifically.
* During steady-state operations, take on leading responsibility in network design; devise network expansion strategy for situations such as evolution of terrain, new residential and commercial developments, or expansion of service territory, including acquisition of new territory.
* Develop governance framework for network utilization by various business stakeholders—billing, distribution automation, lighting, smart cities, etc.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science
- 10 Years overall engineering experience in telecommunications and networking design for senior level position
- 3 years of experience in a utilities or telecom operations environment preferred
- Experience with Itron (formerly Silver Spring) mesh network and head-end systems preferred
Pay rate: $45-$65, Depending on Experience
Start: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 months
Looking for Local Candidate
Location: New Orleans, La
82 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.