Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: New Orleans
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 70113
Title: IT Project Manager
Duration: Contract Assignment – 12 months
Location: New Orleans, LA (seeking local candidates within proximity)
Plans, monitors and manages complex projects from initiation through completion. Secures the required resources and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes.
Manages projects to timely completion, according to specifications and within current budget costs.
This position will primarily be focused on the management of studies and project portfolios focused on Enterprise Asset Management, within Grid Modernization.
• Plans, monitors and manages projects from initiation through completion
• Directs governance structure for Operating Company team members
• Coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply chain, and contract management, progress reporting, trouble shooting and people management
• Follows up on project results and ensures requirements are met regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost. Notifies relevant parties of expected discrepancies
• Monitors project performance and suggests schedule changes, cost adjustments, or resource additions.
Implements program controls and reporting mechanisms.
• Ensures change management processes are followed.
• Communicates project progress, key decisions, risks and issues,
Minimum Educational Required for this Position
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year institution in related field or relevant experience
• MBA desired.
Minimum Experience Required for the Position
• 5 years’ experience in successfully managing and implementing information technology investments.
Minimum Certificates, Licenses, etc. Required for the Position
• PMP Certification desired
• SCRUM Certification desired
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for the Position
• Solid understanding of project management tools and principles required. Extensive familiarity with Microsoft Project/Primavera (preferred).
• Outstanding written and verbal skills including the ability to clearly communicate and express self well in groups and one on one conversations. Extensive experience presenting to Executives, Bargaining unit employees and professionals preferred.
• Experience with vendor management/contracts desirable
• The ability to influence others without direct authority such as the direct authority of a Supervisor.
• Understanding of Change, Configuration, and Risk Management principles and the ability to apply those principles.
• Experience in implementing organizational and behavioral change desirable.
• Experience in software deployment project management desirable.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel required. Expert level PowerPoint use is required.
• Knowledge and the ability to produce reports from clients’ cost accounting system desirable.
• Knowledge of clients’ gas, transmission and/or distribution system (or comparable utility) including new and emerging technologies desirable.
Who We Are:
Allied Staff Augmentation Partners, Inc. (ASAP) is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.
79 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.