Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 98101
This is an interim backfill role to cover for someone who will be out on parental leave. The duration of the assignment is targeted for 18 months starting in the November-December 2018 timeframe. However, the start and end dates may change.
We are a team filled with people who are excited about technology and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At the Foundation, we’re committed to our work, customers, and each other’s success.
Are you interested in being part of a small team that owns the end to end client technology customer experience? We are looking for an Interim Senior Engineer to join the effort to deliver a secure, client environment. You will be joining a team that's developing and driving client security, so that our customers can trust us with their data.
We are a Service focused team. This role has a leading role in supporting, designing, architecting, building and testing our suite of client technologies. The role has a wide impact, from introducing new capabilities using metrics ingestion and analysis, to working with customers to see their work be used to solve real-world problems.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug applications and systems. Develops and design solutions in support of client management. Lead the design, implementation, integration, and daily operation of client applications and systems. Research, design and recommend client technology and hardware solutions. Lead a team of engineers and vendors in delivery, support and maintenance activities. Shape, design and plan the portfolio’s long-range technology roadmap, to anticipate future business needs and to maximize the value of long-term technology investments. Provide guidance, mentorship and technical expertise to IT partners across multiple projects.
* Architect and design, implement and support IT solutions for the enterprise.
* Provide engineering leadership to support projects including solution recommendation and documentation.
* Install and upgrade IT hardware and applications. Provide subject-matter expertise for wireless, LAN, and enterprise telephony systems.
* Manage IT performance and support IT monitor tools; monitor utilization trends; ensure maximum uptime; perform ongoing analysis, capacity planning, and technical tuning of the network systems to improve performance.
* Provide vendor management, resource allocation, and budget, invoice, and/or billing reconciliation.
* Mentor IT engineers.
* This role may manage people and may be responsible for hiring the talent needed to achieve our goals, ensuring successful employee onboarding, communicating performance expectations, creating goal alignment, integrating project and change management, giving and seeking feedback, providing coaching, measuring progress and holding people accountable, supporting employee development, and recognizing achievement and lessons learned.
* Create solution options that align IT services with mission, goals and objectives with consideration of both technical and non-technical implications and trade-offs. Follow foundation architecture best practices, adhering to standard activities and deliverables for project solutions.
* Guide the development and implementation of business solutions across multiple projects. Provide direction to technical teams during project delivery. May validate and approve the deliverables of the technical team.
Leadership and Culture
We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
Core Knowledge and Skills
* Expert knowledge of technology subject matter and interdependencies between applications and systems.
* Subject-matter expertise in integrating technologies from multiple vendors.
* Systematic approach to diagnose system problems: identify, locate, resolve, and repair problems.
* Ability to create clear strategies, policies, procedures and system documentation.
* Ability to work on, facilitate, and support multiple projects and real-time support issues.
* Ability to lead small teams of engineers and vendors, overseeing work delivery and quality.
* Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills, including the ability to communicate to multiple levels of the organization and with non-technical partners to derive technical requirements and priorities.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s in computer science with 7+ years of experience, or equivalent experience. May require technical certification depending on technology specialization.
The employee transfer policy applies to internal backfill positions. An employee may apply for an open position after at least 12 months in their current position. If you meet this requirement and wish to pursue a backfill opportunity, you are required to have a conversation with your manager to confirm their support before you apply. In rare cases, the requirement of a minimum of 12 months in a position may be waived if a transfer is critical to the foundation’s goals and is approved by the current manager and their HR Consultant (HR Business Partner or Generalist).
All backfill positions are posted as LTE roles. With current manager support, if selected for the role, FTEs will retain their FTE status during the backfill assignment. Managers will have the option of backfilling for the individual moving to the interim position for a similar duration via the same hiring channels and options as this position. However, current managers may be unwilling or unable to hold headcount for the duration of an interim assignment and may deny the employee’s request. In such cases, the employee may apply for the open LTE position, but if selected, would effectively be resigning as an FTE and would be hired as an LTE for the duration of the interim assignment. As an LTE, employment with the foundation is expected to end at the end of the assignment, and the employee would not be eligible for severance.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to:
* Sexual Orientation
* Gender Identity
* Gender Expression
* National Origin
* Genetic Information
* Veteran Status
* Marital Status
* Prior Protected Activity
99 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.