Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: West Knoxville
Country: United States
Software QA Engineer
Location: West Knoxville, TN
If you have not been submitted yet please send me your resume in word.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop test plans, cases, and scripts
• Schedule and execute test cycles
• Contribute to testability & quality of internally developed software
• Report defects accurately
• Facilitate issue tracking and successful resolution
• Assess and communicate risk of various types and help engineers and stakeholders make collaborative decisions about risk tolerance for each production release
• Generate test data sets and configure test environments
• Review and improve user stories produced by product owners and customers so that they are actionable by project teams
• Participate in planning/review/retrospective activities and help to make adjustments to processes, environments, tools, etc. in order to make project teams more effective and capable of producing higher quality deliverables tightly aligned with business needs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree (Computer Science or related field of study preferred)
• Intermediate PL/SQL skills (must have been utilized daily at previous jobs)
• Practical knowledge of one or more agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, kanban, XP)
• Familiarity with web services, Java (J2EE), XML, XSLT, xpath
• Working knowledge of functional test automation tools and/or agile collaboration tools
• Significant experience with back-end inspection and DB validation
• Proven expertise at designing positive and negative unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests for multi-tiered, highly complex enterprise systems
• Excellent comprehension and communication skills
• Scripting or programming languages experience welcomed but not required
• Performance testing experience
• Scripting experience (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, or similar)
• MicroFocus functional automation experience
• Effective collaboration and consensus-building experience
• Minimum of 5-7 years in a technical role on IT projects
• Substantial focus on software quality, producing/reviewing requirements, or pinpointing appropriate acceptance criteria even if not in a dedicated testing role
• Ability to analyze and retain large quantities of complex information and to work closely with others to determine appropriate solutions to challenging problems
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proven track record with Scrum or other agile methodology
• Automated tools experience and scripting of test harnesses or test cases
• Experience with 24/7/365 mission critical systems handling massive amounts of transactional data (if not retail then financial or similar data-intensive setting)
• Participation on enterprise-level software development projects
- the purpose of the Quality Assurance Engineer position is to ensure that software solutions being delivered meet business requirements and satisfy quality expectations set by Technology management
The candidate must have experience being involved with QA from before requirements are gathered and refined to development, deployment and maintenance. In other words, candidates must have been intimately involved in QA throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- testing at is a combination of manual and automated. Candidates must be enthusiastic about using either method ("choose the right tool for the task at hand whether that is manual or automated")
- Heavily invested in and dedicated to agile/Scrum practices and methodologies. The QA Engineer will be part of a Scrum team. The team typically consists of 4-5 Java developers, 1-2 QA Engineers, and a Product Owner. The QA Engineer will test all applications assigned to the team. It is highly unlikely that a candidate without agile/Scrum experience will be hired.
254 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.