[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 520265
Posted By: Weirich Consulting Services, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-04-14 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Software Engineer] Senior Software Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29808
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 8039989239
Duties: This Staff Augmentation Senior Software Engineer position is to provide so􀅵ware development support to the Process Control & Automation Engineering (PC&AE) department. PC&AE provides process control and manufacturing systems/software to operate the Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
(SRNS) facilities safely and effectively.
Work individually, on teams or lead teams to develop software solutions for site operational facilities. The types of work may include:
• Developing new database applications or maintaining/enhancing existing database applications
• Working with Oracle databases
• Developing web applications in Visual Studio, .NET, C#
• Converting legacy thick client database applications to web-based database applications
• Developing specification-based software applications
• Reviewing and communicating with customers regarding requirements and design specifications.
• Producing applications with a specific emphasis on maintainability, usability, performance, and scalability.
• Preparing detailed test plans and test cases, and consulting with business analysts on testing options and strategies, including applicable regulatory requirements
• Analyzing applications to improve system reliability, security and performance
• Performing and / or witnessing testing activities to ensure they are completed as designed
• Reporting and tracking so􀅵ware defects to ensure the resolution of issues found
• Developing innovative techniques to improve the so􀅵ware design, build and deployment processes where practicable
Candidate must have a BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics with minimum of 7 years software development experience or a technical degree in computer science with 10 years of experience developing software solutions.
• Experience in Application Development for Oracle Database
• Experience designing, coding, and deploying C#.NET web applications preferably using MVC
• Ability to understand and migrate legacy database application code using current Microsoft .NET and Oracle .NET programming tools
• Experience using Visual Studio IDE and IIS (Internet Information Services 8.0+)
• Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches relating to desktop and web applications
• Experience with software quality assurance documentation such as development of requirements and design documents
• Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner, including the ability to explain technical details to non-technical personnel
•Demonstrate experience with design, coding, and deployment of applications using Microsoft .NET, C#
•Demonstrate experience with Web-based Application Development using Visual Studio, NET
•Demonstrate experience in Application Development for Oracle Database
•Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot web-based applications
•Demonstrate experience with so􀅵ware quality assurance documentation such as development of requirements and design documents
•Demonstrate ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner, including the ability to explain technical details to non-technical personnel
•Experience using IIS (Internet Information Services 8.0+) and On-Premises Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2017+
•Proficiency in software architecture design
•Experience with Automated Testing Tools
•Experience with Unit Testing
•Experience with Agile methodology with a preference for Scrum Framework
•Ability to understand and migrate legacy database application code using current Microsoft .NET and Oracle .NET programming tools
Area Security Access:
A security clearance is not required
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
13 page view(s)