[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Note: US Citizenship is required for this position.
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Web Developer with the following qualifications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
The developer will be establishing and maintaining cost-effective web based solutions that meet the customerís business and technical using Visual Basic .NET and ASP .NET. Additionally, the developer is responsible for compliance with departmental policies and processes and for performing all duties and activities in a safe and ethical manner.
* New Application Development
* Gather scope, establish requirements, and obtain customer approvals.
* Manage the development cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production turnover.
* Promote effective use of technology.
* Maintenance and Revision of Existing Applications.
* Perform maintenance duties to ensure continued operations of existing production applications.
* Gather design changes and problems/issues for revising existing production applications.
* Manage the change cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production roll-out.
* Problem analysis and resolution
* Fix causes, not just solutions. Work to eliminate recurring problems and improve level of support.
* Watch for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminate the problems before they happen.
* Keep peers and Technical Representatives informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment.
* Keep customers informed of global problems, scheduled downtime or anything that affects the computing environment.
* Keep customers informed of progress on problems that cannot be resolved on first call.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires a 4-year degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline with 5 years proven performance in related assignment(s)
Or a non-related 4 year degree with 7 years proven performance in related assignment(s)
Or a 2 year degree with 9 years proven performance in related assignment(s).
In lieu of degree, a high school diploma and at least 11 additional years of relevant information technology is acceptable.
The ability to learn technical product information quickly and accurately.
5 years experience (7 years, if no degree) in developing web based applications using:
1. Visual Studio 2012/2013/2015
2. .NET 4.0/4.5 Framework
3. ASP .NET
3 years experience with and working knowledge of:
1. SQL Server 2012 or Oracle 11g
2. LINQ to SQL
Working knowledge of:
1. Stored procedures (TSQL)
2. Entity Framework 5 (or greater)
3. Windows 7
4. HTML 5
5. TFS (2010 or greater)
6. Angular (1.2 or greater)
7. React (16 or greater)
8. Twitter Bootstrap 3
9. CSS 3
10. Agile Principle (SCRUM, Sprint planning, etc)
Estimated duration: 3 years
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.