[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
IT Application Developer needed for long term (1 year+) opening with a large electric utility in Charlotte, NC. This opening requires the person to be onsite at the client's Charlotte, NC offices full time / 40+ hours per week. Working remotely is NOT an option.
· Maintains and enhances existing applications.
· Troubleshoots and debugs SharePoint and Microsoft PowerBI applications, including user and system interface functionality.
· Collaborates with cross-functional teams and clients to define, design and deliver enhancements, new applications, and technical solutions that meet the needs of the company, its clients, and the end users.
· Configures a design that satisfies business requirements and desired specifications.
· Researches, evaluates and implements new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability
· Maintains records to document system and programming development and revisions.
· Designs modifications based on defined requirements and coordinates development efforts on maintained applications.
· Programs and directs other programmers in required programming languages, database SQL, report writing, ETL,
· Assists with testing and migrating code through test regions.
· Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding and source control standards.
· Leads design and code walk-thru as a presenter or reviewer.
· Processes Change Requests and Quality Assurance (QA) documentation for project implementations and support changes.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
· In lieu of a degree, 8 years of related business experience.
· Work experience in addition to degree: 5-10 years as an IT Application Developer or equivalent.
Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
· Four years coding/programming, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, logical design, SQL coding, Business Requirements analysis, vendor management, root cause analysis.
· Expert coding skills in one or more standard languages.
· Demonstrated success in complex problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery.
· Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals.
· Understand and lead others in use of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Effective communication skills. Experience with schema/database design, Enterprise Standards and Process Adherence