[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer with the following qualifications:
Our client is seeking a skilled Ruby on Rails development contractor. Candidate will be skilled in Ruby on Rails development and possess extensive solution development knowledge with the ability to work on a defined set of business systems. The goal is to reduce a backlog of enhancements for several existing applications related to nuclear waste and radiological safety. This engagement will backfill and free up other resources to work for other critical client projects.
• Conduct group discussions with key players.
• Work with the product teams to help determine requirements and understand the design of each product.
• Refactor, build, and test each product.
• Design, build, and test any integrations for each product.
• Complete all required client training.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Considerable knowledge of web application development with at least 3 years of solid recent experience with Ruby on Rails version 4 or higher.
• Considerable experience with relational database management systems (Oracle and SQL Server).
• Considerable experience developing web applications using LAMP stack.
• Experience with BIRT is desirable.
• Experience with PHP is desirable.
• Excellent communication and technical documentation skills.
• Proven skills in web user interface design.
• Able to work both independently and as a contributing member of a small technical team.
• Able to effectively interact with user organizations to derive system requirements and design solutions.
Duration: Award through 09/30/2021 with possible extension. Job is located outside of Chicago, IL. Travel reimbursement offered in addition to base rate.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.