[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Local Candidates Preferred, but not required.
If Local they are expected to come into the office (1 week in-office/1 week remote)
Work Hours: Five eight hour days per week – start/end time flexible but must cover core business hours (9-4)
Top Skills Needed:
- SAP AP Module
- SAP Workflow,
- IT processes (requirements gathering, testing, etc.)
Top Nice to Haves:
- Worksoft Testing Automation
Ideal Previous Industry: Utilities
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The individual in this position will provide support for both capital and O&M projects as well as enhancement requests primarily for the Accounts Payable module of SAP in alignment with the Senior Business Systems Analyst roles and responsibilities. Support encompasses gathering and documenting requirements for enhancements and custom development efforts, writing functional development specs, writing and executing comprehensive test plans, and supporting implementations.
Basic job responsibilities include the following: Devise or modify procedures to solve complex systems problems. Align technology solutions with business strategies. Partner with functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify business needs, contribute to development of long-range system plans, and ensure products and services are aligned with business needs. Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost versus benefit measurements. Communicate trends and requirements to and from customers and IT. Work with an individual business unit on multi-project assignments. Guide and advise less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
• 5+ years experience in a business or functional analyst role
• 5+ years experience developing process maps, gathering business requirements with strong emphasis on application testing preferably in support of finance and accounting business processes. Experience in writing and executing test scripts and writing technical specifications for developers.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, or as the supporting BSA, on capital projects and O&M efforts for multiple client areas. Experience working in and/or leading multi-disciplinary work teams/groups. Includes working with clients to gather requirements, develop technical specifications, configuration, unit/regression testing, and performing change management activities.
• Ability to provide second and third level support for inquiries submitted to the IT Help Line; utilize Quality Center for documenting and tracking work requests.
• Data analysis skills and experience troubleshooting application functions or database results.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to present recommendations to clients (users and management).
• 5+ years experience working on the SAP Accounts Payable module
• 5+ years experience in a Business Analyst or Functional Analyst role
• Working knowledge of finance and accounting business processes
Functional Knowledge (preferred):
• Working knowledge of the functionality inherent in and the configuration requirements for primarily the SAP Accounts Payable module and the integration points with all SAP modules
Technical Knowledge (strongly preferred):
• General awareness of process and application integration options
• Advanced adherence to formal testing techniques/methodology, consistently delivering work product/deliverables
• Adherence to formal Change Management Policies
Education Preferred: Bachelor degree or other education in Accounting, Business, Information Systems, Mathematics or the equivalent technical experience is desired.