[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for three (3) Senior Software Engineers/Web Developers with the following qualifications:
The developer will be establishing and maintaining cost-effective web based solutions that meet the customerís business and technical using Visual Basic .NET and ASP .NET. Additionally, the developer is responsible for compliance with departmental policies and processes and for performing all duties and activities in a safe and ethical manner. Responsibilities include:
* New Application Development
* Gather scope, establish requirements, and obtain customer approvals per site procedures and guidance.
* Manage the development cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production turnover.
* Promote effective use of technology.
* Maintenance and Revision of Existing Applications.
* Perform maintenance duties to ensure continued operations of existing production applications.
* Gather design changes and problems/issues for revising existing production applications.
* Manage the change cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production rollout.
* Problem analysis and resolution.
* Fix causes, not just solutions. Work to eliminate recurring problems and improve supportability.
* Watch for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminate the problems before they happen.
* Keep peers and STR informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment.
* Keep customers informed of global problems, scheduled downtime or anything that affects the computing environment.
* Keep customers informed of progress on problems that cannot be resolved on first call.
BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline with 5 years proven performance in related assignment(s); or a non-related 4 year degree with 7 years proven performance in related assignment(s); or a 2 year degree with 9 years proven performance in related assignment(s). In lieu of degree, a high school diploma and at least 11 additional years of relevant information technology.
* Demonstrate 5 years experience (7 years, if no degree) in developing web based applications using Visual Studio, Eclipse, or Spring Tools; .NET Framework or Core Java; HTML; CSS; Java or C#; React, Angular or JS Frameworks.
* Demonstrate at least 3 years work experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle; Service Oriented Architecture; REST APIs; Relational DB Tools (LINQ, TOAD, SSMS).
* Demonstrate the ability to manage the development cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production turnover.
* Demonstrate the ability to perform maintenance duties to ensure continued operations of existing production applications.
* Demonstrate the ability to gather design changes and problems/issues for revising existing production applications.
Duration: 1 year
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.