[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Computer Operator
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: 12 months
Our client has a need for a Computer Operator. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading company, we want to talk with you!
The Computer Operator is responsible for monitoring an IBM Z/OS Mainframe and Distributed Computer Systems. They will work to ensure all scheduled batch processes are completed on schedule and work to ensure all on-line systems are available. The Operator will also serve as first level afterhours Helpdesk support.
Top 3 Required Skills:
1) Experience in an Enterprise environment operating IBM Z-Series computers and Distributed Systems.
a. A minimum of 5 years Computer Operations experience in an Enterprise environment and experience operating IBM Z-Series computers and Distributed Systems.
2) A general knowledge and experience using Workload Automation Systems, Enterprise Systems Platform (ESP), CA-7, Control-M and/or other enterprise job schedulers.
3) Knowledge of basic IBM systems commands, standard IBM messages and procedures for maintaining productivity.
Nice to Have Skill:
- Helpdesk support and ServiceNow
As an employee with ASAP, you will be working through an established and well-respected organization that goes above and beyond for our Clients and Talent. We are dedicated to providing our Associates with professional and responsive attention and we are here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Your diligence and professional commitment will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for this position may include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision
• Short Term Disability/LTD
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers, and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.