Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 06114
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. In 2015, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 247th largest contractor in the country. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work”.
The crane operator is responsible for safe and technically proficient operation of the equipment assigned.
Reports To: Foreman/Superintendent
Status: Full-time, Hourly
• Complete equipment condition reports, as well as a daily checklist of work to be done on your equipment and provide to the Project Superintendent daily
• Cleaning the machines regularly. This includes sweeping the cabs and removing trash daily, cleaning the interior weekly, and lubricating doors and windows
• Understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures. Know where all utilities within the work zone are located. Be responsible for your own safety as well as those working in the area
• Inform your Superintendent or Foreman daily of your equipment fuel status so the fuel truck can be scheduled if needed for the next morning
• Make a note on your equipment report and let your Superintendent know if you need any supplies, i.e.: grease, oil, rags, cleaning supplies, etc.
• Read and understand load chart, plan and assist with critical lifts, be able to set up cranes for heavy lifts and be able to control crane movement in response to hand signals and radio commands
• Valid crane operator license for the State of Connecticut
• 10 years’ experience with pile driving, steel erection and bridge construction
• Hydraulic and friction crane experience
• OSHA 10
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with construction crews in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
Please see HR for information on the physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Forward your resume to: HR@middlesexco.com with Crane Operator in the subject line.
103 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.