Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. In 2016, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 243rd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The intern will work closely with members of the project team to help prepare and maintain project documents and logs, and provide technical support to the superintendent and project manager.
Reports To: Project Manager/ Project Engineer
Status: Part Time, hourly
• Receive, log, and file all project correspondence and shop drawings
• Accumulate daily project quantities of work and record information in the quantity control book
• Assist in coordinating material deliveries and performing daily take-offs for procurement orders, change orders, or pay quantities
• Maintain the change order log, reviewing/code delivery slips and purchase orders
• Help to maintain schedule requirements
• Provide the Superintendent and the Project Manager with support
• 2nd year Civil Engineering major or construction related field
• Experience with computerized takeoff and/or design programs
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and AutoCAD
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Ability to function in a fast-paced, challenging environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Above average organizational skills
Please see HR for information on the physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer — Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
37 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.