Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 68025
Performs a variety of tasks involving physical labor at construction sites, utilizing hand and power tools and other equipment.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Reads and interprets plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
• Digs ditches or trenches, backfills excavations, and compacts and levels earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
• Positions, joins, aligns, and seals structural components.
• Measures, marks, and records openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
• Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
• Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
• Follows company and industry safety rules, practices and procedures.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
• Controls traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• Familiarity with materials and methods used in construction.
• Experience with machines and tools used in construction, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
• Ability to read and understand instructions and work specifications.
• Ability to understand and follow safety rules, policies, procedures and regulations.
• Ability to work as a team, to jointly carry out assigned tasks.
• Works outdoors at construction sites.
• Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as standing, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending and handling of materials, equipment and tools.
• Uses hands and fingers to grasp, manipulate, and/or assemble objects and tools.
• Lifts, pushes, pulls, and carries heavy objects, machinery and tools up to 50 pounds.
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
• May be exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
• Must wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection, as required by the company.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
47 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.