Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Plans, develops, manages and coordinates engineering activities for construction projects.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Manages project engineering activities to ensure they comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
• Supports the development, updating, and approval of construction schedules.
• Provides technical support for construction efforts including design interpretation, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts and constructability reviews.
• Interfaces with all on-site departments to resolve problems and to ensure quality of construction, project safety, and adherence to project specifications, in support of overall project schedule.
• Supervises field layout and surveying activities.
• Observes work flow, anticipates any potential schedule changes, and coordinates with superintendents on delivery of materials and staying on schedule.
• Reviews change order drawings and specifications; develops, tracks and negotiates proposals and change orders.
• Assists in preparation of bids, including assisting with take-offs, requests for pricing, project set up, quality control, design reviews and other related tasks.
• Reviews, analyzes and resolves field construction problems and discrepancies.
• Advises the Project Manager of serious schedule conflicts and problems, and works with field supervision to resolve schedule conflicts.
• Analyzes permanent material requirements, solicits quotations and prepares formal purchase agreements.
• Develops requirements for specialized equipment and works with vendors to obtain customized equipment.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Supports/assists with monitoring and forecasting of project costs and revenues; assists with development of new methods to improve costs.
• Develops, implements, and administers project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
• Handles business correspondence, billing and financial reporting.
• Solid knowledge of surveying, equipment applications, and overall engineering is essential.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
• Ability to read and comprehend plans and specifications, and to comprehend and recognize safety standards and issues.
• Knowledge of general contract and subcontract documents.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• The ability to effectively interact with both customers and employees.
• The ability to work independently as well as operate successfully as part of a collaborative team.
• The ability to successfully execute decisions.
• The ability to grasp facts, processes, and procedures quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Works outdoors at construction sites as well as indoors.
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
• Sits, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
• May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• May be exposed to loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
46 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.