Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
This position is responsible for managing the marketing, qualifications, technical proposal and design process for design build and other alternative delivery pursuits. Responsibilities include managing the design to budget and schedule, coordinating with our estimating and construction staff, driving/tracking deliverable progress, and managing all aspects of the proposal process through final selection. The ideal candidate will have civil, structural or geotechnical design experience, construction experience and will be a strong technical manager with excellent written and verbal skills.
Reports To: Alternative Delivery Manager
Status: Full-time, Salary
• Develop preliminary information on assigned pursuits through research, attendance at public meetings/forums, public outreach events
• Coordinate development of marketing materials
• Coordinate and attend client marketing meetings
• Develop and manage the proposal schedule
• Manage and participate in the development, writing, reviewing and the submission of qualifications, technical proposal and all related documents working with both
internal and external resources
• Manage the efforts of our design partner throughout the pursuit
• Coordinate the proposal/estimating interface
• Manage maintenance of all proposal-related documents
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering or construction-related field
• A combination of 10 years of complex highway, bridge and marine construction or design experience
• Minimum 3 years managing design build or other alternative delivery projects
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to lead in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage a team, delegate, collaborate in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Strong leadership qualities
• Excellent organizational skills
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.