Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Northern CA
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 6029183849
The Driller Assistant supports the drilling crew in the drilling operation. This is an entry level position designed to train the individual in the various aspects of becoming a driller. You will act as an assistant to help the driller more easily perform drilling tasks The Driller Assistant will move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions. The work is generally physically demanding. This position requires travel and the ability to work with a small crew of three or four.
• Drives medium duty trucks to various job sites as directed by supervisor
• Loads appropriate drilling sampling and well installation tools and supplies onto trucks or drill rigs as directed by supervisor
• Performs preventative maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisors and prepares documentation
• Performs miscellaneous maintenance duties in field or shop as directed by supervisors
• Mechanical ability to do minor repairs
• Conduct pre-trip inspection
• Set up control zone
• Perform physical labor, shoveling, drilling debris, and transporting materials using ergonomically correct lifting techniques
• Ability to fill in for driller when qualified
• Knowledge of safety policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Have a valid drivers license- CDL A preferred
• Must be willing to travel extensively
• High School Diploma or GED
• One year of steady working experience in construction or drilling
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day
• Maintain all certifications
• Forklift trained
Reports To: Operations Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
75 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.