Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Preference will be given to local Denver candidates.
Under supervision, the journeyman ironworker is responsible for completing tasks related to structural iron and steel erection and completing the tasks in a timely, quality manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Bolt-up structural member following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
• Ability to weld 3G and 4G
• Rig structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
• Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place, using cranes, or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural-steel members.
• Detail Work, may include installing angle and bent plate, welding clips, joists, tube steel or angle kickers; installing safety cable and safety posts; or shaking out and spreading joists and long spans.
• Plumbing of structural steel.
• Installing deck.
• Installing and welding steel stairs, handrail and guardrail.
• Basic understanding of survey tools and techniques.
• Unloading, shake-out and erection of structural and miscellaneous iron from trucks to designated areas and/or from one area to another.
• Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
• Field fabrication or assembly of metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Dismantle and demolish structures and equipment.
• Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, and valves, depending on types of structures being assembled.
• Place blocks under reinforcing bars used to reinforce floors.
• Read specifications and blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
• Perform related duties as assigned
• 3+ years ironworking experience with the ability to exhibit journeyman skills.
• NCCER Ironworker certification (can test out at LPR)
• OSHA 10 Certification (or comparable as approved by LPR)
• Rigging & Flag Certified
• 3G & 4G certified
231 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.