Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
The track engineer assists and acts as a liaison between contractors, superintendents, foreman, estimators, and engineers for a specific project until the completion of the project.
Including but not limited to:
• Understand project specifications and verify compliance
• Review and code timesheets
• Review, understand and use project cost report as a tool
• Review, understand and use project CPM as a tool
• Manage minor subcontracts and input quantities in quantity book
• Prepare pay estimate for major Track work subcontractor
• Prepare project submittals as required
• Draft RFIs and Field Change Directives as questions/discrepancies arise
• Participate in the preparation of the project construction schedule & work plans
• Work with track design group to get best value design.
• Review all design produced by track design to insure project “Technical Provisions” requirements are met.
• Interface with other disciplines to assure track is aligned with all design work
• Review Bluebeam sessions for all track related written documents and track plans
• Review other discipline documents (Plans & Specs) in Bluebeam to ensure alignment with other design work is continuing and all discipline’s designs work together.
• Review design waiver requests.
• Attend any/all meetings that may have impact on the track and/or track design.
• Work with other DBC (design build coordinators) to provide information as may be needed for their areas of responsibility that may come from the track group.
• Provide track construction means/methods as required for meetings and or submittals.
• BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
• Minimum 6 years of experience in track/rail or 15 years of field/inspector track experience.
• Rail construction background.
• Good knowledge of railway regulations and standards.
• Good experience in track laying and logistics.
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
127 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.