Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77094
We are seeking an experienced Estimator for our PCL Industrial Construction Co. District office located in Houston, TX.
• Soliciting subcontractors, suppliers and specified manufacturers.
• Advising chief estimator of key items where special solicitation efforts should be made, involving purchasing department in sourcing.
• Making detailed specification and drawing review.
• Scheduling estimating team reviews.
• Distributing and maintaining control of bid documents.
• Reviewing special proposal requirements with the chief estimator.
• Performing all pricing or assigning pricing duties.
• Reviewing procedures being used by team members.
• Setting up general expense and construction schedule.
• Identifying special requirements for weather protection, cranes, hoists, temporary facilities and services.
• Assisting in the presentation of the estimate/proposal.
• Ensuring that all bid forms are completed and properly executed.
• Taking a lead in the development of a conceptual estimate/design-build.
• Reviewing labor costs and production.
• 5-8 year related experience in industrial construction estimating piping/mechanical, or civil or electrical or structural steel.
• Must have heavy industrial estimating experience in any of the following construction arenas: Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Refineries or Power Generation.
• Technical college certification, engineering graduate, or trade background.
• Advanced knowledge of estimating strategies and techniques.
• Thorough understanding of construction terminology.
• Good communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
95 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.