EHS Manager (6085087)
Posted by: Aerotek on September 20, 2017 at 03:40:01.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Los Angeles Metro Area
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 90013
- Principal authority for technical and administrative direction to on-site safety and first aid personnel.
- Directs and executes site-specific health and safety plans.
- Works with project Management in facilitating the SH&E program.
- Programs can include OSHA and required training, input to health and safety plans, use of subcontractors, incident investigations and follow-up and others.
- Provides guidance to employees on established SH&E policies.
- Controls hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management team and project supervisory personnel.
- Supervises and administers safety, first aid and rescue (911) activities.
- Coordinates safety work assignments, personnel administration, and training.
- Conducts work area surveillance inspections, air sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
- Documents all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions/activities.
- Issue confined area entry and "hot work" permits as required.
- Reviews documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures and, where necessary, implement corrective actions.
- Accompanies safety, health and insurance inspectors on walk through tours.
- Coordinate/assist in preparing written appeals for safety violation citations.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Assumes additional assignments/tasks to answer unique needs of construction management team.
- Four-year degree in Occupational Safety or related discipline plus four or more years' construction safety experience; or equivalent combinations of experience, training, education and certification (CSP, CIH, CRSP or equivalent) totaling 8+ years.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and company regulations.
- ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required.
- 25-35% travel between Los Angeles & San Francisco Bay Area.
**No relocation or per diem is offered for this position.
**Please email current resume & references for consideration.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
447 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.