Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on January 19, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 66839
Raise, place, and unite girders, columns, and other structural-steel members to form completed structures or structure frameworks.
Typical Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members.
- Fasten steel members to hoisting equipment, using wire rope, slings, shackles, or lifting devices.
- Signal worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel member.
- Pull, push, or pry steel member into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Force members into final position using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
- Align holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member by drift pins, bull pins, or handle wrench through holes.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using plumb bob and level.
- Bolt aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cut and weld steel members to make alterations, using oxyacetylene torch for cutting and carbon electrodes welding.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have 4 years verifiable experience as an iron worker in industrial construction.
- Must have 2 years of Rigger experience.
- Able to visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Able to pass a urinalysis and background check. Possess 4+ yrs. experience in industry
- Communicate effectively in a technical environment and be able to use power tools necessary to perform assigned work.
- High school diploma or GED.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans
2385 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.